Does Air Doctor filter mold spores?

How do you get rid of mold in air spores?

The only way to directly kill mold spores in the air is to use an air purifier. For best results, place purifiers in each room of your house to ensure maximum efficiency in killing the spores. You can get a quality air purifier at any home improvement store and at most mass retailers.

Is air doctor a good purifier?

Professional Quality. AirDoctor is the first affordable PURIFIER that not only removes virtually 100% of airborne particles, but also the vast majority of toxic ozone, volatile organic compounds and gases.

How do you tell if there are mold spores in the air?

A common way to check for mold is to smell for it. A “musty” smell in an area of your home is often an indicator that there is some kind of mold present. Symptoms like a persistent runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing and throat irritation could also be indicative of mold.

How long do mold spores stay in the air after cleaning?

Mold is everywhere in our environment and begins to grow when airborne spores land in areas that remain wet constantly. Twenty-four to 48 hours after mold spores land on moisture, mold begins to grow. Any mold growing in your home is cause for concern and should be removed.

IT IS AMAZING:  Is Bissell my air a HEPA filter?

Does the air doctor emit ozone?

Air Doctor emits no ozone with the ionizer off and less than 0.005 parts per million with the ionizer on. … The recommended upper limits for ozone exposure is 0.050 PPM. If ozone is of concern we recommend that the user does not activate the ionizer while using Air Doctor.

Does the air doctor come with filters?

The Air Doctor does not come with filters. These are available for purchase separately.

What are symptoms of mold exposure?

Touching or inhaling mold spores can cause allergy-type symptoms such as:

  • runny nose and congestion.
  • eye irritation.
  • sneezing.
  • coughing.
  • sore throat.
  • skin rash.
  • headache.
  • lung irritation.

When should you see a doctor for mold exposure?

Symptoms of mold exposure are not usually an emergency, but in some instances, you should seek immediate medical treatment. Go directly to the nearest emergency room or call 911 if you: Have significant trouble breathing. Have an asthma attack that doesn’t respond to your usual medication or seems worse than usual.

How do I know if the mold in my house is toxic?

Toxic mold can also have a grayish, soot-like texture, or a slimy, wet surface. In some cases, you may even notice furry orange or brown spots. If you find mold with any of these qualities in your home, don’t get too close, and call a professional right away.